Ahh the holidays – filled with putting up a tree, or Hanukkah decorations, family gatherings and binge watching Christmas movie marathons, as if there were a quiz after the credits. Before you become a “couch potato” and attempt to watch 17 of the 24 hours of “A Christmas Story”, consider these movies and the cocktails I’ve paired them with to add a little spice to your routine this year.
Let’s start off with the movie ELF, starring Will Ferrell. This movie is about Buddy (Will Ferrell) being accidently transported to the North Pole as a toddler and raised to adulthood among Santa’s elves. This is one of my favorite holiday movies and I’m going to suggest you pair this with a cocktail called “Seasons Greetings”.
- 4 to 5 ounces of Eggnog (pre-packaged or freshly made)
- 1 ounce of Meukow Vanilla Cognac
- ½ ounce of Belle de Brilliet Pear Cognac
- Whipped cream, orange zest and fresh nutmeg for garnish
- Rim a standard Irish Coffee glass with sugar.
- Steam the eggnog.
- Add Meukow Vanilla Cognac and Belle de Brilliet Pear Cognac to the glass and mix it in with the eggnog.
- Top it off with whipped cream, garnish with an orange zest and fresh nutmeg.
Next up, Bad Santa, starring Billy Bob Thornton. Willie T. Stokes (Billy Bob Thornton) and his partner (Tony Cox) reunite once a year for a holiday con. Posing as a mall Santa and his elf, they rip off shopping outlets on Christmas Eve. This movie is hilarious, with or without a cocktail, however, having one will make for an even better time while watching this movie. I’m pairing this dark comedy with a drink called a “Bad Santa”.
- 4 to 5 ounces of Eggnog
- 2 ounces of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- Whipped cream and cinnamon for garnish
- Steam the eggnog.
- Rim a standard Irish coffee glass with a mix of cinnamon and sugar.
- Add Fireball Whiskey and eggnog, mix together.
- Top it off with whipped cream and dash of cinnamon.
Last but not least, I’m going to throw a Horror film into the mix! I’m a huge horror fan so I had to! HAHA! This movie is called Jack Frost and it’s really more funny than scary. It stars Scott MacDonald as “Jack Frost” and takes place in the fictional town of Snowmonton. This killer snow man (Yes, I know LOL) goes on a bloody rampage throughout the town a week before Christmas. He somehow manages to stay frozen and not melt while going into houses and different places to kill – I’m telling you guys, funny! We’re going to pair this cult classic with a cocktail called “You’re Nerdy Hot”.
You’re Nerdy Hot
- 4 to 5 ounces of Hot Chocolate
- 1 ounce of Whipped Cream flavored Vodka
- ½ ounce of Goldschlager
- Whipped cream, cinnamon and chocolate sprinkles for garnish
- Rim a standard size Irish coffee glass with sugar.
- Steam your favorite Hot Chocolate.
- Mix together the Hot Chocolate, Whipped Cream flavored Vodka and Goldschlager.
- Top it off with whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of chocolate sprinkles.
There you have it! I hope you’ll enjoy these cocktails as much as I have.