Let’s be honest. Who really watches the Big Game? Isn’t it really just another reason to get together and feast while two teams tackle it out on a massive flat screen TV? No matter your motive, food for your guests or food that you’re taking to a hosted event, matters. Regardless of who wins, your stomach needs to be happy!
These appetizers are one that I whipped up several years ago and have been a go-to for social events such as GameDay. In fact, I served them up as a starter during recent New Year’s Eve celebrations. These Gorgonzola Pizza Bread appetizers are flavorful to wake up your taste buds, will warm you up on a cold February day and are super easy to make.
If you’re going to bring these to a party, prep everything on a baking tray and simply bake it up at your destination to make sure everyone can enjoy them hot out of the oven.
- 1 large Baguette (Long and thin, cut into thin slices)
- 2 cups finely shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 2 cups crumbled Italian Sausage (Cooked)
- 1 large Red Pepper (Diced)
- fresh or dry Basil (Chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a layer of sliced baguettes on two large cookie sheets/baking pans.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except olive oil. Mix well.
- Drizzle enough olive oil to moisten the mixture.
- Spoon enough mixture just to cover the top of each baguette slice.
- Baked for approximately 12-15 minutes until cheese has melted and bread slices have crisped.